Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
We are looking to hire our first full time Salesforce Administrator here at Blend. You will be responsible for defining our CRM strategy and roadmap and then executing against this. Initially there will be a focus on defining our change management framework and helping to ensure that we are following best practices in leveraging the CRM across all of our customer facing teams.
You will need to define a view of what a healthy org looks like and help ensure we are executing against this. This role will work with Sales, Marketing, Customers Success, Operations, Finance, and our Homebuying Journey (the B2C aspects of our business) teams.
How You'll Contribute:
- Implementation and maintenance of Salesforce customizations, including configuration, custom fields and objects, layouts, and use of declarative tools.
- Partner with Salesforce developers to solution when customization is needed.
- Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, protocols, application configuration, data dictionaries, and help-related materials for users as applications are developed.
- Assist with 3rd party integrations (Quip, Mixmax, Highspot, Brainshark, etc.)
- Define a healthy instance and build out strategy and controls to ensure we meet this
- Provide support to end users of SFDC and related systems for escalated issues
- Define and enforce our change management policies in collaboration with ops (Sales, CS, Marketing and BizOps) and enablement teams.
- Supporting both the B2B and B2C aspects of our business and the unique challenges that come with optimizing respective SFDC instances to support both
- Regularly auditing data to uncover data integrity issues and/or opportunities for process improvement
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of Salesforce administration experience at a high-growth SaaS company
- Salesforce Administrator Certification (ADM 201) or equivalent experience
- Salesforce Development Certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with multiple SFDC orgs, including supporting multiple business models
- Advanced declarative experience including comfort with flows. You should have a strong view on which tool (workflow rules, process builders, flows, apex) is best for any given job and why
- Outstanding communication, team work, and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening
- Intellectual curiosity and excitement around problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple competing tasks.
- Track record of working with leadership teams to implement complex business requirements within Salesforce and third-party applications
- Strong analytical ability and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with Steelbrick/Salesforce CPQ
- Experience with Apex and LWC framework
- Web application development experience
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- A well-rounded Wellness Program that covers a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massage
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options