Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Product Designers focus on delivering best-in-class experiences by translating user insights and product strategy into products that transform the way work gets done. From reimagining workflows, developing concepts, and crafting new interactions and components, you will be bringing simplicity, transparency, and delight to the complex, confusing industry of consumer finance.
The Consumer Banking team is transforming how financial institutions deliver products through instantaneous, personalized, and proactive financing experiences. Every banking product goes through an application and underwriting process - intaking a consumer’s information, guiding them through product selection, and verifying their identity, income, employment, collateral, and much more. These processes are the backbone of every institution’s banking operation, and yet the technology in this space is antiquated.
As a senior designer, you’re exceptional in design craft and are keenly interested in simplifying complex and antiquated processes. You will be the lead designer on the Consumer Banking team responsible for defining a user experience vision for the suite of consumer banking products and executing on it. You’re a hands-on designer and well versed in executing end-to-end: from product discovery, interaction design, to visual execution.
How you’ll contribute:
- Craft user experiences that transform how lending institutions process loan applications
- Lead projects & initiatives — helping define strategy, user experience vision through cross-functional collaboration and alignment
- Define design foundations that scale across Blend’s customer base and between our different loan application offerings
- Uplevel our design team’s craft through inspiring our team to build towards an impactful vision.
- Understand internal processes needed to originate a loan to inform better workflows for processing a loan
Who you are:
- A designer with excellent visual skills and craft who obsesses over interaction details
- A systems-thinker eager to transform manual processes through defining where and how user experiences should materialize
- A strong communicator and cross-functional collaborator that can balance engineering, customer, and product tradeoffs with user needs
- A proactive and resourceful self-starter who thrives in ambiguity and can make decisions with imperfect data
- 5+ years experience doing design full-time / a portfolio demonstrating exceptional quality in product design
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave