Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. Through our software, we enable our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, helping consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
We embrace a “full-time, short-term” philosophy at Blend, and from day one, we encourage all interns to be equal parts self-driven, independent, and collaborative. As a Security Engineering Intern, you will spend 12 weeks enabling the company to continue pushing into new parts of the consumer lending industry while making sure that we keep highly sensitive financial information safe. You will develop a security mindset through impactful work and strong mentorship.
At Blend, securing the company means that you’ll need to understand the context of the entire organization, from strategic business drivers to technical engineering challenges. If you are passionate about building systems that protect sensitive financial information and preserve consumer privacy, we want to hear from you!
How you’ll contribute:
- Be a part of the Security Engineering team and closely collaborate with other teams (including Security Operations, Security Policy, Red Team and Engineering) to design, build and deploy tools to help engineers do their jobs better and more securely.
- Build frameworks, libraries and security frameworks (that inherently get baked into the design of a new product) to mitigate classes of security vulnerabilities and secure our information, systems, networks, applications, and products.
- Wear the security consultant hat (once a week) where you will review features and product design and provide actionable feedback to product and engineering teams on how to build secure systems.
Who you are:
- Proven understanding of information security fundamentals, and curiosity to learn more.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related fields graduating in Winter 2022 or Spring 2023.
- Excellent coding, problem-solving, and debugging skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies.
- An aptitude for working with cloud-based technology and tools (AWS, GitHub, etc.).
- Proficiency in any of these programming languages: Typescript, Golang, and Python.
- Previous internship experience.
- Interest in FinTech.
Benefits and Perks:
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office).
- Stipends for work from home office set up and internet.
- Networking opportunities with lead industry professionals.
- Fireside chats with Blend’s leadership team.