Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As a Privacy Engineer, you will lead privacy program initiatives within the information security team at Blend, and collaborate heavily with a cross-functional team involving legal, product and engineering to improve and maintain privacy-related technology and processes. You will analyze sensitive data storage and transmission both within the Blend platform and with connected third parties. Your role is to help Blend comply with all applicable regulatory requirements regarding privacy, build privacy into Blend’s suite of consumer lending products, and put customers first when making privacy-impacting decisions for the Blend software.
Your work will enable the company to continue pushing into new parts of the consumer lending industry while making sure that we keep highly sensitive financial information safe. You will contribute to the overall safety and security of consumer’s personal information, and you’ll ensure that Blend products and services are compliant by design.
How you’ll contribute
- Discover and map personal information across the business and its information systems, including Blend software products.
- Ensure that data is appropriately de-identified where required, and develop a process to audit data warehouses to ensure ongoing compliance with legal requirements and privacy policies.
- Work with our Legal Team to transform privacy policies and standards into actionable processes and procedures that help Blend build privacy into our everyday operations and our products.
- Advise peers in Engineering on how to implement privacy controls and identify areas of concern or risk in Blend products. Translate privacy policies into actionable software engineering requirements.
- Manage privacy impact assessments and perform reviews of Blend business processes.
- Identify potential privacy issues in Blend products. Recommend projects to address the privacy concerns you’ve identified.
- Build a scalable process for responding to data subject rights requests to account for the growth of the business.
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in a privacy-related role
- Proficiency working within large data sets and using modern query languages and data analysis tools (SQL, Snowflake, Mode, etc.)
- Experience working with cloud-based data discovery, mapping, and storage solutions (OneTrust, AWS, mongoDB, Postgresql, GitHub, etc.)
- CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, or similar certification
- Familiar with CCPA and GDPR requirements and their applicability to Blend’s business
- Proven understanding of privacy fundamentals, regulations, and processes
- Demonstrated ability to listen, learn, and ask thoughtful questions that help surface risk
- Understanding of cloud security policy and control frameworks (ISO 27001, SOC 2, PCI-DSS, NIST)
- Proficiency in a programming language (we use Typescript, Golang, and Python)
- Experience within fintech or the financial services industry, and familiarity with GLBA requirements.
Benefits and Perks
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19