Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As Manager of Product Management, you’ll be responsible for Blend’s flagship products focused on the mortgage application process. This includes Blend’s industry-defining point-of-sale consumer experience used by millions of borrowers to go through a guided application process powered by intelligent workflow and with a modern and intuitive responsive UI. The product also provides a range of tools for Loan Officers, Processors and other key people involved in the loan application process on the lender side to support them in automating workflows and in assisting borrowers through a successful application process. In this role you will lead, and work alongside, a small team of product managers that manage a combination of established Blend mortgage products while also driving investigation and development of new products in this area.
As a key member of the Product Team, you will help build the technology that powers the future of lending. We are looking for someone who is a true problem-solver at heart; You are intensely focused on identifying problems and finding the right solution and are willing to take risks and experience failure along the way. You thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. You are design-oriented, think in terms of key performance indicators, and enjoy learning about and applying new technologies to solve customer problems in a user-centric way.
How you'll contribute:
- Articulate and bring others along with the vision for your area that aligns with our broader business strategy and delivers value to our current and future consumers and lenders
- Build for platform scale and extensibility, driving and enabling others to leverage new capabilities and build out integrations in the ecosystem
- Collaborate closely with engineering and design teams to ship and iterate for maximum impact and quick learning (including crafting strategies and specs, driving alignment and reviews, managing in-flight work, and understanding and sharing outcomes)
- Build cross-functional relationships and handle complex projects across internal and external teams, including strong partnerships with customers
Who you are:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience leading and coaching a small team of Product Managers
- Experience working with enterprise software and customers, ideally with both mature scaled products as well as with defining and creating new products
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights, and make and communicate well-reasoned decisions
- Technical fluency that enables you to creatively explore possibilities and challenge constraints with engineering, with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of talented engineers
- Excellent written and verbal reasoning and communication skills
- A desire to move fast and act with confident humility
- Experience with financial services, lending, or realty software tools, particularly with a combination of enterprise and consumer touch points
- Experience building API-driven platforms and working with third-party developers
- Experience shipping successful integrations with third-party systems