Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The HRBP is an ambassador of the Blend culture and models its mission and its principles with dedication, courage, and energy. If you are a creative, passionate, and data-driven people leader who shares our desire to create a meaningful employee experience while revolutionizing the consumer banking sector, please read on!
Blend is looking for an experienced people leader to lead its HRBP function. Working closely with our company centers of excellence across G&A, you will provide consultation and expertise to executives and senior leaders across the general and administrative functions in the areas of workforce planning, performance management, and employee relations, and provide coaching and perspective to both managers and employees. You will also work closely with the senior leaders across Blend’s Homebuying Journey teams, including Insurance, Realty, and Title, to build and scale new areas of the business. This role reports to the Head of People and manages a team of HRBPs.
The HRBP role is a critical resource to help support the health and performance of teams and operates as a trusted advisor to functional executives on people and organizational issues. We are looking for someone who can lead the BP team and help build infrastructure and framework to the HRBP role at Blend. The successful candidate will have experience managing others, be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic FinTech space, and is comfortable in an environment with significant change, employing HR knowledge and business acumen that enables the organization to innovate and grow.
How you'll contribute:
- Serve as a trusted and strategic business partner to executive leadership with an agenda designed to attract, develop, and retain the best talent in the industry
- Develop high impact People solutions to meet business needs and create visible impact on our high-growth business
- Have a data-informed mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to the business
- Consistently measure effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes
- Closely partner with HR Centers of Excellences and other HRBPs to deliver superior results to the business
- Demonstrate strong executive presence and communication skills to partner with senior levels of management and effectively collaborate within and outside of HR
- Manage employee relations cases as they develop and advise your team on cases within their client groups, leveraging appropriate outside resources as needed
- Lead and grow a team of high-performing, talented HRBPs
Who you are:
- 10+ years of general HR experience with 5+ years in a HRBP role, with a preference for experience in the Technology or Financial Services industries and with progressive HR models. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of Business Partners
- Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, and develop solutions
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and resolve conflicts
- Fluency with people-related metrics and experience digging into problems to craft unique solutions in a structured way. High degree of comfort with ambiguity.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset; low ego
- Highly ethical character. Can be trusted to balance needs and demands of employees, the company, shareholders, and others
- Excellent follow-through, performance, judgment, and sense of humor
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19