Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Borrower Core team builds the experience that all borrowers using the Blend platform go through. We are looking for an engineer to help make sure that users have a seamless, trust-inducing experience regardless of their accessibility needs, demographic, or device (the application is fully responsive, and we see around 35% mobile usage). You’ll own the borrower-facing experience top-to-bottom, and while the work is weighted toward the frontend, many features include backend components as well.
We write frontend features with React in ES6/Typescript. We find that type checking helps us catch errors earlier, test better, and ultimately ship quicker and with higher quality. Because our app is white-labeled (think dynamic styling), we use Aphrodite (CSS-in-JS) for all of our styling. Our team also builds and owns its own deployment infrastructure and application serving pipeline. That way we can ship whenever we need to and have full control over making the delivery pipeline as quick and seamless as possible.
On the backend, we write Node.js/Express in ES6/Typescript, and sometimes Go.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience building high-quality production software
- You understand accessibility (a11y) best practices.
- You’ve worked in a modern product development organization and can effectively collaborate with product and design to guide complex projects to successful outcomes.
How you’ll contribute:
- You’ll help to lead architectural decisions to support immediate and future product and platform needs.
- You’ll mentor and grow other team members through regular 1:1s, code reviews, and design reviews.
- You’ll collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build new features or revamp existing features.
- You’ll bring your experience to bear to help to improve the processes and patterns of the team.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience building enterprise software.
- Experience building a UI platform.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner,snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19