Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Borrower Core team builds the experience that all borrowers using the Blend platform go through. We are looking for an engineer to help make sure that users have a seamless, trust-inducing experience regardless of their accessibility needs, demographic, or device (the application is fully responsive, and we see around 35% mobile usage). You’ll own the borrower-facing experience top-to-bottom, and while the work is weighted toward the frontend, many features include backend components as well.
We write frontend features with React in ES6/Typescript. We find that type checking helps us catch errors earlier, test better, and ultimately ship quicker and with higher quality. Because our app is white-labeled (think dynamic styling), we use Aphrodite (CSS-in-JS) for all of our styling. Our team also builds and owns its own deployment infrastructure and application serving pipeline. That way we can ship whenever we need to and have full control over making the delivery pipeline as quick and seamless as possible.
On the backend, we write Node.js/Express in ES6/Typescript, and sometimes Go.
How you’ll contribute:
- You’ll help to lead architectural decisions to support immediate and future product and platform needs.
- You’ll mentor and grow other team members through regular 1:1s, code reviews, and design reviews.
- You’ll collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build new features or revamp existing features.
- You’ll bring your experience to bear to help to improve the processes and patterns of the team.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience building high-quality production software
- You understand accessibility (a11y) best practices.
- You’ve worked in a modern product development organization and can effectively collaborate with product and design to guide complex projects to successful outcomes.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience building enterprise software.
- Experience building a UI platform.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options