Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
At the heart of everything we do is our purpose: To keep the dream of home ownership alive. If that sounds like a big, lofty goal, that’s because it really is. And we can’t do it alone. Our entire team is focused on helping create a stable and healthy housing industry. And, making sure the process of buying/selling a home doesn’t undermine the excitement of home ownership. That’s why we battle every day against the mediocrity of the status quo to simplify the complex world of mortgage servicing, lending and banking. We see ourselves as the experts who make doing business easier. While others bring complexity and a lack of transparency, we offer simplicity, trust, and visibility across the entire property lifecycle. And we deliver radical customer service.
Our team is looking for a Software Developer. Developers are highly technical individuals who are responsible for implementing software solutions to meet business needs. The developer will collaborate with product management, and engineering teams across the company and come up with optimal solutions, automation and efficiency, and high customer satisfaction.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developers own the source code, CI/CD pipeline, are responsible for implementing software solutions to business requirements. Day-to-day duties involve designing software systems, writing code, building the CI/CD pipeline, and troubleshooting software bugs.
- Deep design and delivery experience of multi-tier products with web-based, plugin-based, mobile-based clients on the Microsoft C#/.NET/SQL Server technology stack
- Design and build robust SOAP and REST-based Web Services
- Expert at designing, coding, and implementing with 24/7 stability, performance, scalability, localization requirements in mind.
- Design, develop and help launch next generation applications to solve complex problems in the real estate industry
- Able to coordinate work with a largely off-shore team
- Able to understand business needs and convey technical requirements to development team
- Able to convey technical implementations to non-technical business users
- Able to deliver solutions under tight deadlines
- Proficient in C# and object-oriented programming (SOLID principles and Service-oriented architecture)
- Proficient in database design (Azure SQL Server)
- Proficient with Agile software development lifecycle
- Experienced with Azure technology stack, particularly: Azure App Services, Azure CosmosDb, Azure Table Storage)
- Familiarity with containerization or OS-virtualization tools (Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare, etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field with at least 3 years of experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years as a software development engineer
- 3+ years working experience following Agile methodologies
- 2+ years of experience building mobile applications
- C#, ASP .NET, Microsoft SQL Server technology stack
- SOAP and REST based web services
- Proven experience with developing, launching and supporting software for enterprise level applications and their infrastructures, with high quality, availability and scalability.
- Strong knowledge in design patterns and principles, experience in developing web services, REST APIs, and related architectures.
- Flex spending accounts for eligible childcare expenses
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Long-and short-term disability
- Comprehensive and diverse health benefit options designed for healthy, happy employees
- Reimbursements for eligible educational expenses