Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Consumer Banking team helps bring us closer to our mission of increasing transparency and accessibility across consumer finance. Our goal is to drive the adoption of Blend as a product beyond retail mortgage by focusing on new business initiatives for the company -- deposit accounts, auto/personal loans, credit cards - increasing revenue streams for existing customers, and drawing in new enterprise customers to use Blend.
As an engineer on the Consumer Banking team, you’ll have the ability to build microservices (anti-fraud, funding, credit/decisioning) and architect new products. This is a full-stack team that works cross-functionally with product, design, business development, and external stakeholders to execute on new business initiatives. We work like a mini-startup within Blend, with a focus on rapid learning and iteration. If you are a strong engineer who wants to see your work have an immediate, tangible impact on our customers and industry, we want to hear from you!
How you'll contribute:
- Provide full-stack architectural expertise building services for Blend's new business initiatives
- Occasionally implement borrower-facing UI / UX for new business products
- Work cross-functionally with Blend teams such as Product and Design to build new products and services that drive the adoption of Blend beyond the original mortgage product
- As an owner of several customer-facing products, provide occasional on-call support
Who you are:
- Proven industry experience as a software engineer (domain knowledge in enterprise software or home lending not required)
- Excellent coding, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience at a rapid-growth startup
- Experience with TypeScript, React, Node.js, Go, and/or Python
- Experience with Postgres and/or MongoDB
- Web application development experience