Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for an experienced risk expert to lead our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program. As the ERM Lead, you’ll report directly to the Head of Legal and Compliance and have a broad range of responsibilities including implementing the ERM framework to identify and manage risks across the company, building and leading a team of risk professionals, and working with business partners to ensure appropriate controls are designed and implemented. You’ll also lead the development and reporting of key risk metrics to the Enterprise Risk Task Force and the Board of Directors. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to build this ERM program from the ground up and work on cutting edge issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
How you’ll contribute:
- Lead the development of Blend’s enterprise risk management framework to identify, assess, manage and report risk exposures, controls and mitigations across multiple business lines of business and entities
- Create a comprehensive inventory of risks and controls and refine the company’s risk lexicon and risk appetite statements
- Analyze and develop key risk metrics and report to the Enterprise Risk Task Force and the Board
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that appropriate controls are designed and implemented
- Build and manage a team of risk of risk professionals
- Support the roll-out and operationalization of GRC software to facilitate key risk monitoring and reporting
Who you are:
- 10+ years of relevant risk and controls experience in the financial services or fintech industry, with a focus on Enterprise Risk Management
- Significant experience with ERM methodologies, frameworks, and principles and ability to provide recommendations based on the company’s risk profile
- Strong project management and organizational skills, and ability to build to develop deep relationships with cross functional stakeholders
- Exceptional, oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience presenting to company leadership, Board committees, and the Board of Directors
- Prior management experience in a risk management role
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options