Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As we continue to expand our products and teams, we’re looking for thoughtful engineers who will contribute towards building Blend’s design system, to unite the complete family of Blend products — ranging across consumer and enterprise experiences.
We’re looking for team members whose curiosity and drive will propel this next generation experience. You’ll work alongside product designers and product engineers in an iterative and collaborative environment. As part of the team, you will play a major role in guiding the direction and adoption of the Design System at Blend.
How you'll contribute:
- You will develop reusable, responsive, accessible components using React components and scalable, semantic HTML.
- You’ll help lead decisions to support the immediate and future technical direction of our design system, and its impact on the experience and visual design of Blend’s products.
- You will collaborate with product owners, designers, and other engineers to improve the core user experience through our design system.
- You’ll bring your experience to bear to help to improve the processes and patterns of the team.
- You will contribute to clear and lean component documentation for other developers to consume, and help build and manage the design system.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience building highly interactive user interfaces for high volume web applications.
- You have expertise in CSS, and up-to-date understanding of W3C standards.
- You understand accessibility (a11y) best practices.
- You’ve worked in a modern product development organization and can effectively collaborate with product and design to guide complex projects to successful outcomes.
- Experience contributing to design systems libraries, from building adoption to guiding contribution and maintaining component libraries.
- Eager to rapidly learn new skills, technologies, and concepts, while taking personal initiative to execute on projects.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes, and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19