Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
A critical part of delivering an outstanding experience is putting both borrowers and lenders in front of UIs that are simple, effective, and delightful. For loan officers and other bankers, that entails a robust and performant set of features to let them make decisions and assist borrowers more quickly and accurately. For borrowers, that means an accessible and educational application that enables them to reach their financial goals with as little friction as possible.
We are responsible for both shipping critical functionality to make lenders and borrowers love Blend. We are also building and maintaining the core platform and components that other teams use to build more specific features. You’ll support, grow, and advise the software engineers that work for you, as well as collaborate with product, design, and other relevant teams to define and hit key company and engineering goals.
- Guide skilled, hardworking software engineers to build software that supports the business and the rest of the engineering team
- Along with your product partner, you will build the team’s roadmap and metrics
- Help engineers grow and meet their career goals and set the pace for the team
- Recruit top-tier talent as the team grows
- Work with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams to guide decisions and support Blend’s rapid growth
- 2+ years managing software developers
- 5+ years actively coding on production software
- Shown history of building and growing engineering teams through recruiting and hiring
- Experience getting consensus for strategic initiatives
- Proven ability to collaborate with teams and stakeholders
- Strong advocacy and communication skills
- Thrive in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge