Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Our Platform team is growing. This team is responsible for building and continuously evolving our API-first, extensible platform to catapult Blend into a much larger market, to serve the needs of any financial product, in addition to our flagship mortgage business.
Specifically, our digital lending platform allows financial enterprises to rapidly deliver modern experiences that are lower-cost, delightful, frictionless, and transparent in hours and days instead of weeks and months as low-code with our headless services, or no-code using an extensible, drag-and-drop designer. Sound interesting? Read on.
As a Product Manager of the digital lending platform, you will be responsible for ideating, iterating, and delivering common configurable components as headless services and/or reusable UI components with self-contained integrations. You’ll partner closely with the Blend field, engineering, and product teams cross-functionally to better understand their product objectives, partner with our customers to understand their complex workflows, to define and execute a platform roadmap that enables a faster speed of development and deployment, greater extensibility of shared components and services, and the foundation for the future of product experiences across all our verticals.
How you’ll contribute:
- Partner with cross-functional teams, distill complex challenges, manage competing priorities, identify, define and deliver a coherent and compelling set of configurable components and public APIs for the Blend Platform
- Work across product, engineering, field, and executive teams to successfully propel core platform initiatives forward, evangelize and achieve internal adoption
- Leverage your technical acumen to deeply understand engineering problems, deliver detailed specifications, and speak confidently about what the team is working on, critical technical decisions, and the trade-offs of various approaches both internally within Blend and externally with our customers and partners
- Work with our customers, and internal product verticals to identify commonality and shared experiences, reduce duplication, and accelerate delivery
Who you are:
- 8+ years of technical product management delivering SaaS
- You can identify problems, and seek solutions in ambiguous spaces
- You have a proven history of shipping and iterating on successful platforms
- Can effectively communicate, provide context, set direction, evangelize and drive cross-functional alignment and adoption
- Can map and communicate how engineering system design decisions relate to customer, business, and company outcomes
- Strong communication skills - you can operate at a strategic level and deep dive into the technical details with ease
- Possess deep technical knowledge around complex web application architecture, developer and visual builder tools
- Background in computer science or working knowledge of component-based architectures or experience building or scaling APIs is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave