Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend’s Mortgage Group is responsible for powering the core functionality of Blend’s lending platform that enables mortgage lenders to deliver a more frictionless, compliant, and accessible ecosystem to their customers. The Lender Workspace is critical to any mortgage. It is where work gets done! This team is responsible for building the best-in-class collaboration & productivity suite for Loan Offers, Underwriters, Processors & Executives.
As an engineering leader, you’ll work cross-functionally with product, design, business development, and external stakeholders to execute on new business initiatives and build a unified experience and platform for lenders. If you are energetic, enjoy working with people, and want to see your work have an immediate, tangible impact on our customers and industry, we want to hear from you.
How you’ll contribute:
- Guide a team of talented UI and full-stack engineers and help them achieve a high degree of technical excellence
- Help engineers grow and meet their career goals, and set the pace for the team
- Recruit top-tier talent as the team grows
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive, challenging, and inclusive for all
- Partner closely with product managers, deployment teams, and customers/external vendors to build and roll out new features
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience managing front-end/UI or Full Stack engineering teams
- 5+ years experience as an engineer working with production software at scale
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and retain great people
- Demonstrated ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other engineering teams, product managers, and business stakeholders; strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience building enterprise software
- Understand accessibility (a11y) best practices
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave