Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Content Designers are system architects, using language as a design material to solve problems for the people and businesses using our products. From strategizing how information can best be sequenced to crafting outstanding user interface copy that helps our users succeed in their goals, you have an informed point of view as to how better experiences can be built through content, especially across large, complex workflows.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be someone with a dedicated mindset towards making things happen. You can understand the big picture, take ownership, and tackle problems wherever they arise. Given the nature and scope of the role, domain knowledge in financial services is highly valuable, though not required.
- Work alongside designers, PMs, engineers, and research to craft thoughtful experiences
- Understand, construct, and improve our products, focusing on system design and solving problems using language
- Craft user interface copy that is clear and educational, empowering our users to succeed
- Help refine concepts and definitions within our system
- Build and evolve our standards to ensure we always sound personal and connected with our users
- Critique and support fellow designers so they can do their best work
- Steward quality and consistency across Blend's entire product
- Execute in a dynamic environment with ambiguity
- Strong experience in product content design, content strategy, and/or information architecture
- A strong understanding of product design, including system design
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain decisions
- Experience designing and iterating on user interfaces
- Ability to think deeply about why and how language and interfaces work together, with a clear point of view as to the impact of language on design
- Curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Experience strategizing and executing with product and engineering teams
- Has shipped something that people use