Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is in a very interesting phase right now. We are no longer a startup that’s just building a product as quickly as possible. Now, it's a balance between moving fast but also having a more long-term view of how our software needs to be architected. We want to take a company that has found product-market fit in a market that has infinite possibilities and scale it 50x. One of the most crucial parts of fulfilling a mortgage loan is verifying borrower credit, assets, and income. This has traditionally been a time-consuming and error-prone process, and solving this piece of the puzzle effectively not only takes Blend forward but also moves the entire lending industry forward. Blend is looking for an engineering manager to manage this team. Blend and the fulfillment team envision a future where all of the borrower's data is automatically and seamlessly gathered the moment they sign up, then securely and instantaneously sent to mortgage investors to provide approval decisions within minutes, not weeks. This full-stack team accomplishes this vision through API integrations, OCR, and fundamentally re-writing the ways in which institutional lenders and government sponsored enterprises transmit, process, and reason about financial data.
Some projects that the team is working on:
- Building and Contributing to our open-source go-sdk project: https://github.com/blend/go-sdk/
- Modularizing a complex monolithic service into a set of loosely coupled microservices
- Working on creating an Income service that will automatically verify income and employment with minimal friction for lenders and borrowers
- Experimenting with our Optical Character Recognition(OCR) service that will parse and categorize hundreds of types of financial documents, saving hours of manual work
How you'll contribute:
- Guide a team of talented software engineers and help them achieve a high degree of technical excellence
- Help engineers grow and meet their career goals, and set the pace for the team
- Recruit top-tier talent as the team grows
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive, challenging and inclusive for all
- Partner closely with product managers, deployment teams and data providers to build and roll out new feature
Who you are:
- 1+ years experience managing software developers
- 5+ years experience as an engineer working with production software at scale
- Shown ability to recruit, mentor, and retain great people
- Shown ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Shown ability to collaborate effectively with other engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Experience integrating and working with data provider APIs like Plaid
Benefits and Perks!
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- A well-rounded Wellness Program that covers a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massage
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
- Engineering Manager - Fulfillment
- Quality Engineer
- Software Engineer - Backend - Disclosures/Followups