Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As Commercial Counsel, you will work alongside our commercial legal team and broader legal and compliance team as they advise internal clients on the various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related primarily to commercial transactions, privacy, and data security. In this role you will be expected to exercise excellent business judgment to seek solutions while managing risks and employing creative problem-solving solutions. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
How you’ll contribute:
- Partner with our sales, business development, product, and vendor management teams to draft and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts, including SaaS, strategic partnership, and marketing agreements
- Continuously improve standard form agreements and legal processes to help scale the legal and compliance function
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in agreements
- Support the Legal & Compliance team in solving complex legal issues and advise on other general corporate or privacy-related matters as necessary
Who you are:
- At least 5-7 years of experience at either a large law firm or in-house legal department with significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Working knowledge of relevant privacy laws, including CCPA, GLBA, and GDPR
- Experience advising clients on and managing numerous deals on tight deadlines
- JD and a member of a state bar
- Experience advising fintech companies or financial institutions on privacy-related legal matters
- Relevant experience in the consumer finance or mortgage industries.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave