Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is solving significant internal engineering challenges as we expand from processing thousands to millions of loans, at more and more lending organizations, and over an increasingly large part of the lifecycle of each loan. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about automation, scale, performance, security, and clean code.
Blend doesn't process as many requests as Google or Facebook, but we care deeply about shipping the best experience possible the first time. We emphasize automated end to end testing, and take an aggressive security posture that informs everything that we do. This presents unique challenges (and opportunities for creative solutions).
Blend's Infrastructure team acts as a company within a company; empowering developers to ship their code faster and more securely. The work the team does is incredibly important and multiplies productivity across the entire organization.
How you'll contribute:
- Building CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tooling
- Operating, extending and maintaining our AWS Infrastructure
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure in reliable and repeatable fashion
- Provide on-going maintenance and support of internal tools, improve system health and reliability
- Together with your engineering team, you will participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
Who you are:
- 4+ years of Linux systems administration experience
- Deep knowledge of networking and protocols such as DNS, TLS, TCP/IP, etc
- Knowledge of database technologies and basic DBA skills (MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience with a major Cloud provider
- Shown ability with configuration management and orchestration tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Docker or Kubernetes.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages.
- Experience working with Go, TypeScript, Node.js
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Windows
- Experience with any of Redis, Kafka, ZooKeeper, ElasticSearch
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Paid Developmental Opportunities (courses, workshops, etc)
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19