Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for someone to join our Legal & Compliance team who’s motivated to tackle challenges—the more complex the better. As a Product and Regulatory Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal and regulatory guidance and subject matter expertise throughout the product lifecycle. Your advice and creativity will make an immediate impact by helping drive Blend’s legal and technology strategy. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a growing team and work on cutting edge issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Blend’s Legal & Compliance team is responsible for navigating Blend's broad market impact through an evolving and complex financial, legal, and regulatory environment. We enable our industry partners to continuously refine, build, and transact on our innovative business-to-business SaaS platform and other groundbreaking technology initiatives.
How You'll Contribute:
- Counsel our Product, Engineering, Design, Business Development, and GTM teams throughout the product lifecycle on applicable legal and regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Anticipate and identify legal and regulatory risks, and propose creative and effective solutions to address those risks.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements, including partnership, licensing, and service agreements in support of product initiatives.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound regulatory advice.
- Partner with the broader Legal & Compliance team to share information about regulatory changes and product development to facilitate support across the team.
- Engage directly with clients’ legal and compliance teams regarding Blend’s products, features, functionality, configurations and integrations.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of combined, relevant experience in in-house legal departments, law firms, and/or governmental agencies
- Knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA, RESPA, ECOA, FCRA, BSA/AML, UDAAP, and GLBA
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- Highly disciplined, able to make independent decisions and work with limited supervision while excelling in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment
- Inquisitive, engaged and proactive in identifying legal issues and risks and proposing creative and effective solutions
- Able to anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated issues in a clear and persuasive manner
- Engaged and self-motivated team player eager to dig into consumer finance laws and regulations, learn complex and diverse products, and pitch in wherever necessary
- Experience relating to SaaS centric issues that include privacy and security
- Experience advising on regulations applicable to various consumer banking products, including credit cards, personal loans and deposit accounts
- In-house experience at a cloud technology vendor or fintech company
Benefits & Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19