Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Information Security Officer will be directly responsible for security strategy and operations at Blend. As an innovation-focused partner to financial institutions entrusted to protect highly sensitive information, it is critical for Blend to build and maintain appropriate information safeguards that are designed to protect the confidentiality and integrity of our systems for our customers and their consumers. You will scale the enterprise security organization and drive the program to its next level of maturity as we all work to make lending better for everyone involved.
You will also partner closely with leaders across the organization to develop and implement a robust framework for information security. Also, you'll interact with broader executive leadership to communicate on our evolving needs, matching the size and complexity of our organization with security strategy and operations right-sized for our stage of growth and the information we safeguard.
How you'll contribute:
- Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise-wide information security and risk management program to ensure the integrity of Blend’s security program.
- Provide strategic and tactical vision around adversary detection, incident response, and asset fortification
- Partner and align to drive secure development practices while maintaining business velocity
- Advise the Board of Directors, executive leadership, and technical leads on security issues and threats
- Identify, track, and communicate detailed innovametrics indicating overall security risk factors
- Grow and cultivate a high-performing team of engaged security leaders who will continue to evolve to address the information security needs of the company
- Guide technical development of security tools and product features in order to reduce security risk across the company
Who you are:
- Software engineering background, with a focus on security
- 10+ years of broad technology experience in application development and infrastructure services
- 3+ years of experience in building, mentoring, and managing security teams for a cloud based SaaS offering and providing structure for professional development of team members
- Experience working within a highly-regulated environment alongside enterprise-level customers and partners
- Experience implementing cloud security technologies, including encryption, network security, intrusion detection, and digital forensics
- Experience triaging and remediating organizational incidents with wide-ranging business or customer impact
- Well-versed in the rapidly evolving threat landscape with a strategic mindset to mitigate threats and an established personal network for standard methodologies and information sharing around emerging challenges in the security space.
- Strong business sense with an ability to balance “business value” vs “security risk”
- Good communication skills and ability to build strong narratives around the importance of security to employees internally and customers/shareholders externally, including both technical and non-technical audiences