Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is in a very interesting phase right now. We’re no longer a startup that’s just building a product as quickly as possible. Now, it's a balance between moving fast, but also having a more long term view of how our software needs to be architected. We want to take Blend, which has found product-market fit in a market that has infinite possibilities and scale it 50x. Blend is looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead two critical parts of the mortgage process - Followups and Disclosures. This team is responsible for much of the post submit application process, which is a key part of making a decision on a loan. ‘Followups’ is a system that enables lenders to request additional information for an application from a borrower. ‘Disclosures’ is a critical and compliance heavy component for viewing and signing key documents that explain the details of the mortgage to the Borrower.
Your role will be to support, grow, and advise the software engineers that report to you. You will also collaborate with product, design, and other relevant teams to define and hit key company and engineering goals.
How you'll contribute:
- You will be responsible for the team executing and delivering on new Disclosures and Followups features with an eye to long term ownership and maintenance.
- Guide a team of talented software engineers and help them achieve a high degree of technical excellence
- Partner closely with product managers and deployment teams to build and roll out new features
- Help engineers grow and meet their career goals, and set the pace for the team
- Recruit top-tier talent as the team grows
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive, challenging and inclusive for all
Who you are:
- 2+ years professional experience managing software developers
- 5+ years as an engineer working with production software at scale
- Shown ability to collaborate with other engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Strong advocacy and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience integrating with third-party data provider APIs
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massage
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options