Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The final step to buying a home is called the closing ceremony. This is one of the more painful parts of the buying process. Historically this involves a large number of emails or phone calls between the buyer and title company, meeting a notary in person on your closing day, and reviewing and signing a large number of documents with the notary. Our job is to reduce the friction in the closing ceremony. This involves supporting online scheduling, guiding a borrower through the closing documents before the day of signing, and allowing the borrower to interact with a notary remotely. All of these features involve building new workflows, working with vendors to provide features such as remote notarization, and working with our lenders to integrate their existing systems into Blend Close.
How you’ll contribute:
- Build one of the first online closing solutions and scale it beyond the pilot phase.
- You’ll help to lead architectural decisions to support immediate and future product needs.
- As an owner of several customer-facing products, provide occasional on-call support for tracking and triage production incidents
- You will bring your experience to improve team processes and practices & offer mentorship and career coaching to other members of the team.
- Create your own story! Some of Blend’s best features have come from engineering initiatives. You’ll have an opportunity to propose new ideas and build features end to end
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience building high-quality production software.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams and driving projects to a successful outcome.
- Solid experience and understanding of maintainable distributed systems
- Proactively thinking about building applications to scale while considering such things as maintenance, resiliency, robustness.
- Excellent coding, problem-solving and debugging skills in a service-oriented platform
- Experience launching new products and/or growing products beyond a pilot phase
- Experience working with Go, TypeScript, Node.js, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Experience with AWS services like RDS and EKS
- Experience working with E-Sign technologies like DocuSign, OneSpan
- Domain knowledge with Mortgage, more specifically the closing process
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave