Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Pre-approval team is focused on automating processes that were traditionally driven by the loan officer, empowering the consumer to drive their loan process. The team is currently focused on building out Blend’s automated pre-approval pipeline so that every borrower that touches Blend will be able to get a real time, digitally verified credit approval decision on their own time.
To power this pipeline, the team leverages a diverse set of integration across the mortgage industry to make as accurate a decision as possible. It requires building integrations to 3rd party data providers as well as building out the platform that allows 3rd party providers to build their data into the Blend platform. Our team is fullstack, owning pieces of the borrower user experience, the 3rd party integrations, the developer ecosystem, and the microservices that make the experience go.
How you'll contribute:
- Work multi-functionally with product and design to deliver user facing features end to end
- Designing APIs to allow customers and 3rd parties to integrate with our pricing and fees platform
- Build out new integrations to credit and other data providers to improve the pre-approval funnel
- Expand the pre-approval funnel to support more use cases
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
- Participate in an on-call rotation for this teams services.
Who you are:
- Experience building real-time distributed web services
- Excellent coding, problem solving and debugging skills in a service oriented platform.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to distill and convey complex information to multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with third party API’s and integrations.
- Eagerness and ability to rapidly learn new skills, technologies and concepts, taking personal initiative to execute on projects
- Bonus: prior experience with Typescript + Node.js / Express, Mongo; Go / Postgres; React
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- A well-rounded Wellness Program that covers a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options