Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend’s mission is to bring simplicity and transparency to consumer finance, namely important financial journeys that mark milestones in our lives: opening a new account, buying a car, purchasing a home. These experiences are not just complex and confusing on their own, but disjointed across. The Consumer Product Design team aims to reimagine these transactions into holistic best-in-class experiences.
As the Product Design Manager for the Consumer PD team, you’d help evolve and nurture a talented team, scaling alongside our rapidly growing organization. You’d own the experience strategy for products across multiple business lines — Consumer Banking, Mortgage, and Home Buying Journey — each at different levels of maturity. Being successful in this role requires you to be comfortable with switching context from projects at different stages, from 0 → 1 projects to core platform initiatives; and being able to realize and more importantly scale your impact through your team.
How you’ll contribute:
- We see this role contributing across 3 pillars of leadership: Vision, People and Process
- Partner within design and across the EPD and GTM organizations to evolve the research and strategy to deliver across the full range of products and experiences, ensuring thoughtful execution through roadmapping, priority setting, and design delivery.
- Drive the standards for experiences that are consistently of highest quality by championing our users and customers, and stewarding the work through the lens of our brand pillars and design principles.
- Facilitate understanding and holistic journeys among experience hand-offs through compelling and cohesive content strategy.
- Mentor and grow a talented team to sharpen their craft and deepen their impact. Set clear goals, manage project loads, and ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Coach teams through the process of planning, navigating trade-offs, and creating meaningful customer experiences, furthering their growth and supporting autonomous, thoughtful decision-making.
- Proactively steward culture by creating a rich, dynamic environment that will attract and retain the best talent.
- Curate a process that elevates the existing strengths and working relationships across the team, increasing awareness of design impact, streamlining communication, and ensuring successful execution.
- Solve for impact by aligning with cross-functional partners through highly collaborative planning that is defined by clear prioritization of customer/user needs and business goals against strategic resourcing.
Who you are:
- A strong personal design ethos, honed through an in-depth understanding of human-centered design principles and methods, and a conviction that inspires discovery and innovation, effectively calculating risks and balancing feedback to get to decisions quickly.
- A fluency and passion for clear, compelling communication and content strategy, inspiring and educating others across the organization at all fidelities. You’ll help bring clarity to complex domains, influence and build consensus for important design-led initiatives, and articulate the concerns and expectations of the users and customers of our products.
- A genuine curiosity for learning and inquiry-led problem solving, especially as it relates to the organizational dynamics that are at the core of how we successfully deliver results.
- A well-tuned emotional intelligence, always leading by example with empathy and humility.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave