Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As an intern this summer, you will work with Strategic Finance/FP&A and will be an integral part of the Blend finance team. The role will evolve and assume additional responsibilities based on performance, ownership, and ability to interact successfully with the business. This role will assist with the preparation of budgets, forecasts, monthly financial analysis, reporting, and ad hoc analysis for the organization. We are looking for someone who makes confident, fact-based decisions and approaches problems from different perspectives in order to suggest and implement solutions.
How you'll contribute:
- Develop financial models to forecast revenue and expenses
- Analyze key levers and economic drivers of the business Perform ad-hoc data analyses and dashboards to assist with long-term planning
- Conduct variance analysis, identify key drivers, and make recommendations for change
- Assist in producing regular financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in developing finance and business presentations and related supporting materials for senior leadership
- Present output of reports to senior management within the company
Who you are:
- Pursuing a degree in Business/Finance/Economics/Math/Data Analytics with an expected graduation date in 2021
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven success partnering and collaborating across multiple functions
- Strong Excel modeling and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Organized, flexible, and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Proficient in MS Excel and SQLExperience with Adaptive, NetSuite, and Salesforce