Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Reducing friction and helping consumers access loans is only one part of the puzzle for home buyers. As Blend expands we are taking a consumer first approach and seeking to remove friction and add transparency to all aspects of the home buying process.
While Home insurance is a requirement for all loans to close, the existing experience is generally offline and confusing for consumers. The Home Insurance team is looking to solve that by bringing the shopping experience online and adding transparency to what policies have the best coverage at the best price. We iterate quickly, working closely with product, design, sales, BD, legal/compliance to clear any road blocks we encounter. As part of the team, you will play a major role in guiding the direction of this fast growing project.
How you'll contribute:
- Work multi-functionally to deliver user facing features from end to end
- Own and improve the insurance shopping user experience
- Find opportunities in agency operations and build tools to improve productivity of Blend Insurance agents
- Design and implement customized insurance purchasing experience with industry partners
- Integrate Blend's service with the best external solutions when possible, and actively manage the integration with vendors
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in application development
- Excellent coding, problem solving and debugging skills in a service oriented platform
- Passionate about improving user experiences in a data-driven fashion
- Strong communication skills and the ability to distill and convey complex information to multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with third party API's and integrations
- Experience with Typescript + Node.js / Express, Mongo / Postgres, React
- Eager to rapidly learn new skills, technologies and concepts, while taking personal initiative to execute on projects.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner,snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19