Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Reducing friction and helping consumers access loans is only one part of the puzzle for home buyers. As Blend expands we are taking a consumer first approach and seeking to remove friction and add transparency to all aspects of the home buying process.
While Home insurance is a requirement for all loans to close, the existing experience is generally offline and confusing for consumers. The Home Insurance team is looking to solve that by bringing the shopping experience online and adding transparency to what policies have the best coverage at the best price. We iterate quickly, working closely with product, design, sales, BD, legal/compliance to clear any road blocks we encounter. As part of the team, you will play a major role in guiding the direction of this fast growing project.
How you'll contribute:
- Work multi-functionally to deliver user facing features from end to end
- Own and improve the insurance shopping user experience
- Find opportunities in agency operations and build tools to improve productivity of Blend Insurance agents
- Design and implement customized insurance purchasing experience with industry partners
- Integrate Blend's service with the best external solutions when possible, and actively manage the integration with vendors
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in application development
- Excellent coding, problem solving and debugging skills in a service oriented platform
- Passionate about improving user experiences in a data-driven fashion
- Strong communication skills and the ability to distill and convey complex information to multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with third party API's and integrations
- Experience with Typescript + Node.js / Express, Mongo / Postgres, React
- Eager to rapidly learn new skills, technologies and concepts, while taking personal initiative to execute on projects.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massage
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options