Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is in a very interesting phase right now. We’re no longer a startup that’s just building a product as quickly as possible. Now, it's a balance between moving fast, but also having a more long term view of how we want to build and scale our product and design strategy.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for an experienced UX Research lead whose curiosity and drive will propel this next generation experience. User researchers at Blend are leaders, storytellers, and courageous trail blazers who leverage the full range of methods and techniques to deliver a nuanced understanding of the end-user. Self-starters in nature, they thrive in fast paced, fluid environments that allow team members to leverage their strengths and passions to influence what we do and how we do it.
How you’ll contribute:
- Partner product teams and designers to understand business needs and frame key questions to create hypotheses.
- Design and conduct appropriate research studies both generative and evaluative to derive user-focused insights that inform innovation and execution.
- Collaborate with our customer success team and go to market team to create the engagement strategy for our B2B customers.
- Establish research frameworks, set clear expectations and define the strategy for a small but growing research team with the ultimate goal of building insight-driven product experiences.
- Become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in User Research.
- 2+ years management experience.
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction(HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, Design, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Your portfolio demonstrates exceptional quality and range in research methodologies to derive insights from both B2B and B2C customers.
- You have experience collaborating with stakeholders to define and drive medium to large-scale complex projects. You can take business objectives and user needs and turn them into a research program.
- You have led scoping of research and prioritization and are able to articulate the ROI.
- You are a storyteller at heart, with demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity.
- You can switch between the macro: big picture thinking of our customers needs and what could be, and the micro: the specific moments of an experience and how it impacts what people do and feel.
- You move from insight to action. You make sense of many sources of input while helping teams uncover tradeoffs and understand implications and what to do next.
- You evangelize the purpose and value of UXR within the product development lifecycle - you have a track record of growing the impact of user research in your organization.
Benefits & Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave