Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As we continue to expand our products and teams, we’re looking for a thoughtful leader to help architecta design system to unitethe complete family of Blend products — ranging across consumer and enterprise experiences — and spearhead its adoption.
You understand that a design system is a living product that shapes the way we work together. You naturally cross borders and break down silos between disciplines, empowering designers and engineers to work quickly with high standards for quality and consistency.
You will be an early member of Blend’s design systems team, owning the definition of its vision, aligning stakeholders, and advising key road-mapping priorities. You will work closely with product designers and engineers to ensure consistency between features, design tools, libraries, and code. We believe that the ideal person for this role is an outstanding product designer who demonstrates strong systems-thinking, and illustrates how thoughtful design infrastructure builds lasting business value.
How you'll contribute:
- Lead the design and technical direction of our design system, and its impact on the experience and visual design of Blend’s products, with input from partners in product design and engineering teams.
- Report team and system progress regularly to relevant stakeholders.
- Direct scope of systems concerns and relevant products to adopt it.
- Present the system’s mission, library, and process to other groups, including product managers, content specialists, QA, and other design and development teams.
- Review documentation for quality, consistency, and usefulness.
- Help identify and nurture team growth and culture, identifying opportunities for team members to drive and lead system initiatives.
Who you are:
- You are a strong systems thinker with hands-on experience contributing to design systems libraries, from building adoption to guiding contribution and maintaining component libraries.
- You bring clarity to the vision and simultaneously care deeply about the details.
- You are comfortable working with front end engineering teams for web and mobile user interfaces, including participating in code reviews. A plus if you have had hands-on experience and have contributed to code repositories for web or native apps.
- You are a genuine advocate of the impact of a design system, and know that building the partnerships needed to ensure its success requires regular and proactive communication and alignment.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner,snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19