Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The health and safety of our team is our top priority. As such, all employees working in the U.S. whose positions involve in-person interaction with other employees or third parties are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. More details will be shared during the recruiting process.
Whether this is an in office or remote first role, the position will require proof of vaccination unless Blend grants you an exemption.
We are looking for a seasoned sales leader to scale our revenue from $300M to 2-3x+ and bring our low code digital transformation platform to the banking industry’s most complex challenges.
Blend grew from start-up to IPO by focusing on the mortgage application. We’ve since expanded to an integrated platform of products that surround the consumer lending journey. As we enter our next evolution, we’re changing the game again with configurable low-code tools that allow customers to use our proven banking technology in flexible ways and stand up any new customer experience on-the-fly. We need a sales leader who can bring customers into this vision and help us build with them as long term partners.
This role is accountable for all sales targets across our major markets (Mortgage, Consumer Banking). This includes acquiring net-new customers into the Blend platform and cross-selling our portfolio of products into existing customers.
The right candidate for this role has a deep understanding of complex sales processes with the largest financial institutions and a proven ability to target and win major net new logos. We are focused on a finite, specialized market (banking/lending) and this individual must create long term partnerships with customers and not just sell the deal. Blend fundamentally believes that our customer’s success drives our success and this is reflected in the structure of our agreements and consumption based pricing model. Blend’s success - and the success of this role - is tied to long term customer outcomes and customer penetration.
Beyond driving Sales, this role will also be a recognized leader in the broader business, driving company level strategy and partnering closely with the entire leadership team to shape Blend’s 5 year journey.
This is a very senior position and reports to Blend’s Head of Growth & Customer Success, who sits on the company’s leadership team. Blend does not use titles such as VP, Director, etc. This role and compensation would be equivalent to a VP or SVP of sales at most other SaaS companies.
How you'll contribute:
- Own customer acquisition and cross-sell goals across our Mortgage, Consumer Banking, and Ecosystem products. You are accountable for creating our revenue potential.
- Deeply partner with banks to grow our relationship from single-product to multi-product; we have a finite market of customers and we need to deepen our presence within them as much as acquire net-new customers.
- Help customer executives prioritize innovation and speed (which is often not in their DNA) - you are a consultant to the banking C-suite as much as a sales leader.
- Execute with a focused team of 15 - 20 AEs against our target market. Our market is concentrated and every customer matters.
- Refine our go-to-market approach for each of Blend’s core business segments based on where you see the opportunity. Adjust our GTM strategy, resourcing, and other factors to optimize results as you see fit.
- Collaborate closely with partners across Growth, Deployments, Customer Enablement, and Product to unlock full customer potential where roadblocks exist.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and Deployment teams to introduce new products and services to market and set overall company strategy.
Who you are:
- 12 - 15+ years in SaaS, Sales, or as a senior leader in Management Consulting with 5 - 10 years in leadership
- Track record of fostering, navigating, and unlocking complex relationships with large customers and selling innovative technology roadmaps
- Deep understanding of Mortgage and Consumer Banking industries a huge plus
- Exposure to consumption based pricing models ideal
- Experience running multiple sales teams who cover a portfolio of products
- Experience effectively scaling a Mid-market sales motion
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19