Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. Through our software, we enable our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, helping consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend’s Business Development team opens markets and accelerates Blend’s financial opportunities by building relationships, collecting intelligence that matters, producing objective analysis, and conducting effective negotiations. We negotiate, structure and manage partnerships with banking cores, loan origination systems, vendors, and other third parties and financial technology companies that make our products better. We also develop new lines of business and enable product innovations. Want to learn more about our team? Visit our partnerships page.
We are looking for a seasoned leader who can deepen our existing relationships and drive future growth through strategic partnerships, M&A opportunities, and interaction with our Sales, Product and Engineering groups. Success in this role will 10x Blend’s future success by establishing key partnerships, agreements and acquisitions, growing our current business and potential for exponential growth.
How you'll contribute:
- Lead and grow our Business Development team
- Drive partnerships and programs throughout the financial services industry, building partnerships with digital leaders, and enhancing Blend’s value proposition with Blend’s financial service customers and their consumers
- Manage relationships with vendor and third-party partner executives and project team stakeholders to maximize the mutual benefits of Blend's partnerships
- Distill a vendor’s key business objectives, capabilities, and technical needs to arrive at business partnership prioritization
- Drive collaboration between internal and external decision makers to align on scope and sequencing of integration functionality
- Partner closely with Product, Sales, and Professional Services to build consensus and execute on agreed upon solutions
- Learn and maintain a deep understanding of the Blend platform
- Build industry leading competencies, processes, and approaches to strategic business development
Who you are:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in sales, consulting, and/or technology fields
- Experience managing third-party relationships, and alliances, particularly with technology providers of varying business objectives and technical capabilities across different levels of the organization, with clear examples that demonstrate impact and scale
- Strong examples of guiding transformational M&A work
- Deep rolodex within fintech, banking, digital industries with a focus on digital transformation and future state
- Strong people skills, with high empathy, gravitas and communication - please come prepared with examples of how you’ve dealt with challenging individuals and supported key stakeholders.
- Clear oral and written communication skills to present complex value propositions to Executives. Hypothesis and data driven thinking – experience successfully leveraging data to drive decision making
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills with hands-on experience. A passion for finding insights in data and driving results.
- Intellectual horsepower, desire and proven ability to learn new domains and technologies quickly, energetic "can-do" attitude and commitment to excellence
- Successful experience collaborating with Product and Engineering leaders to influence roadmaps and deliverables
- Experience negotiating, finalizing and executing on master services agreements and scope of work
- Ability to think creatively about applying data and technology to tackle business problems
- Self-starter - you are comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to travel
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19