Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. Through our software, we enable our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, helping consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
We are seeking an energetic accounting professional to join our team. This position will report directly to the Controller, Title365 and will manage US team members and direct the activities of an offshore team. As a Senior Accounting Manager, you will play a key role in helping develop world-class processes to support our accounting and close functions while operating in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. We are looking for an individual who is excited to work both independently and collaboratively, demonstrates strong communication skills, is detail oriented, and carries a desire to succeed.
How you’ll contribute:
- Manages and oversees timely and accurate processing and recording of all financial transactions in the general ledger, including revenue and expense recognition, banking, fixed assets, accounts receivables and payables
- Reviews and approves reconciliations of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining correct accounting system setup, including chart of accounts, project structure, sub-ledger setups and associated control accounts, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing annual internal and external audits
- Monitor new accounting and financial reporting guidance, evaluate potential impact to the company and make recommendations as necessary
- Monthly balance sheet and income statement analytical analysis
- Pursue continuous improvement of the closing process
- Responsible for accounting input into various regulatory filings
- Establish proper records, approvals, documentation and audit trails for all transactions
- Ensures adequate documentation of financial policies and procedures.
- Supervise, mentor and train junior staff members
- Assist on a range of Special Projects
Who you are:
- BS in Accounting
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Public accounting experience is required. Big 4 background is preferred
- A CPA is required
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- Familiarity with Workday Financials, Netsuite, or other similar ERP preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and ability to review self-created work
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Excel
- Comfortable performing ad-hoc research and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and problem-solving skills
- Flex spending accounts for eligible childcare expenses
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Long-and short-term disability
- Comprehensive and diverse health benefit options designed for healthy, happy employees
- Reimbursements for eligible educational expenses