Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
We embrace a “full-time, short-term” philosophy at Blend, and from day one, we encourage all interns to be equal parts self-driven, independent, and collaborative. As an engineering intern you will spend 12 weeks building something meaningful as you develop your skills through impactful work, strong mentorship, and first hand exposure to the business.
How you’ll contribute:
- Before joining Blend you’ll be team matched to one of our engineering teams based on your interest. We have opportunities available in frontend, backend, fullstack, infrastructure, and data teams
- Own your project(s) and collaborate cross functionally with other team members including engineers, product managers, and designers
- Build solutions that contribute to Blend’s engineering long-term scalability and maintainability
Who you are:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related fields graduating in Spring 2023
- Experience with an object oriented language like Java, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Excellent coding, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies
- Previous internship experience
- Interest in Fintech
- Experience in Go, Typescript, or Node.js
Benefits and Perks:
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Stipends for work from home office set up and internet
- Networking opportunities with lead industry professionals
- Fireside chats with Blend’s leadership team
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
If you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment, please contact Blend at (650) 550-4810 or email@example.com.