Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for talented software engineers to join our diverse and fast-growing engineering team in 2022. As a software engineer, you’ll work throughout the stack, from large-scale data processing to web UI. Specifically, you will be responsible for building new features and functionality enabling our company to deliver mission-critical software to major mortgage lenders. If you have a strong understanding of CS fundamentals, and are excited by a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, we want to hear from you!
How you’ll contribute:
- Before joining Blend you’ll be team matched to one of our engineering teams based on your interest. We have opportunities available in frontend, backend, full stack, infrastructure, and data teams
- Own your project(s) and collaborate cross functionally with other team members including engineers, product managers, and designers
- Build solutions that contribute to Blend’s engineering long-term scalability and maintainability
Who you are:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related fields graduating in Winter 2021 or Spring 2022
- Experience with an object oriented language like Java, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Excellent coding, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies
- Prior industry experience as a software engineering intern (domain knowledge in enterprise software or home lending is not required)
- Experience at a rapid-growth startup
- Experience in Go, Typescript, or Node.js
- Web app development experience
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home office set up, and internet
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Four months of paid parental leave
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
If you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment, please contact Blend at (650) 550-4810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.