Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As a Security Architect, you’ll work to shape the operational environment to the defender’s advantage. You’ll leverage practical DevOps experience to deploy and maintain security tooling (both open source and commercial) to improve our security posture. You’ll focus on wide-ranging, cross-functional security infrastructure projects that improve our overall security capability and reduce security friction across the organization. You will be a go-to resource for architectural consultation and will provide guidance for both internal and external teams in secure infrastructure deployment and fortification practices. Understanding the methods and techniques of the organization’s security adversaries, you will find and foresee critical vulnerabilities in the operational environment and work to mitigate or eliminate them entirely.
How you'll contribute:
- Shape the operational environment (networks, systems, processes) with sound security architecture practices and novel mitigation strategies.
- Utilize DevOps skillet (Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes) to deploy and maintain core security tooling (open source and commercial).
- Improve current security capabilities and anticipate future security threats and trends.
- Consult with our security compliance team during security audits in order to demonstrate architectural security capabilities.
- Assist security operations engineers and SOC with automation projects covering detection, response, and fortification needs.
- Assist the resolution of security incidents and scenarios as a subject matter expert in the organization’s infrastructure and architecture.
Who you are:
- Passionate about the security space, staying well informed on adversary behavior.
- Extensive DecOps experience (Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Extensive IaaS experience (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Capable of leveraging Python to solve practical day-to-day security challenges.
- Thorough understanding of networking and system administration.
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19