The Infrastructure Team is solving significant internal engineering challenges as we expand from processing thousands to millions of loans, at more and more lending organizations, and over an increasingly large part of the lifecycle of each loan. We are engineers who are passionate about automation, scale, performance, security, and clean code.
The challenges we face are highly technical and highly impactful for other engineering teams in the company! We are looking for engineers who are passionate about MongoDB, performance optimization, software architecture and scalability. We are looking for a strong collaborator who is willing to work with platform development teams to understand their needs, design solutions that fulfill their immediate needs but that also establish good patterns for long-term scalability.
How you’ll contribute:
- Design and implement solutions for MongoDB to grow with the company
- Collaborate with platform development teams to understand their needs
- Architect solutions that establish good patterns and fulfill development team needs
- Build tools to enable developer productivity
- Implement features in our infrastructure tools and services
- Monitor production systems for issues
Who you are:
- Proficient in TypeScript/Node.js and C++
- Expert working with sharded MongoDB clusters deployed in a major public cloud
- Understand the needs of other developers and enjoy building internal tools that empower an entire organization
- Experience working enterprise grade production systems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams
- Solid experience and understanding of maintainable distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to help others succeed and be productive
Bonus Points!Benefits and Perks:
- Experience working with Go
- Experience working with PostgreSQL
- Experience with AWS
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment, please contact Blend at (650) 550-4810 or email@example.com.