Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The health and safety of our team is our top priority. As such, all employees working in the U.S. whose positions involve in-person interaction with other employees or third parties are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. More details will be shared during the recruiting process.
Blend is hiring for a leadership position to head up our growing Product Analytics function. The Product Analytics team is responsible for delivering data and insights that drive decision making, execution and investments for our product initiatives. You will work cross-functionally with product, design, engineering, and our customer-facing teams enabling them with data and narratives about the customer journey. You’ll also work closely with other data teams, such as data engineering and business operations, to ensure we are creating a strong data culture at Blend that enables our cross-functional partners to be more data-informed.
We are looking for someone who is a true problem-solver at heart; You are intensely focused on identifying problems and finding the right solution and are willing to take risks and experience failure along the way. You thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. You are design-oriented, think in terms of key performance indicators, and enjoy learning about and applying new technologies to help solve customer problems in a user-centric way.
How you'll contribute:
- Articulate and bring others along with a vision for product analytics that aligns with our broader business strategy and delivers value to our current and future consumers and lenders
- Collaborate closely with other product functions to ship and iterate product for maximum impact and quick learning
- Build for scale and self-serve, driving and enabling others at Blend to leverage data and analytics services
- Build cross-functional relationships and handle complex projects across internal and external teams, including strong partnerships with customers
Who you are:
- 3+ years of team management experience
- 7+ years of experience working with analytics, including experience as both an individual contributor analyst and as a manager of analysts
- Background in Statistics, Data Science, Data Engineering, or Analytics
- Passion and vision for infusing data and analytics into decision making and help create a data-driven culture
- Combination of strong analytical and communication skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights, and communicate clear narratives that support well-reasoned decisions
- Thorough understanding of data tooling, architecture and infrastructure, and ability to work closely with Data Engineering and other departments to shape Blend’s requirements and capabilities in this area
- A desire to move fast and act with confident humility
- Experience across different analytics areas, with primary emphasis on product analytics
- Experience working with a mix of enterprise and consumer software products
- Experience with financial services, lending, or realty software tools, particularly with a combination of enterprise and consumer touch points
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Bi-Weekly remote all hands