Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Platform Foundation Team is one of the core platform teams that provide foundational components for the entirety of Blend engineering. We build the core pieces of functionality that power experiences across all of our product lines.
The Platform Foundation Team provides frameworks that other engineering teams can utilize to build business solutions. This includes diverse offerings like the public api, our event broadcasting system, and search - powering external and internal integrations across the company, enabling new service-to-service communication paradigms, and delivering lightning-fast lookups of denormalized data for our end-users. We are evangelists for bringing cutting-edge technology into Blend to solve business problems in new and inventive ways. Our goal is to build a solid foundation for Blend to create a scalable and resilient ecosystem.
The challenges we face are both highly technical and highly impactful, providing a lever for all of engineering to deliver value to our customers faster and better! We are looking for engineers who are passionate about distributed systems design, software architecture, scalability, and building intuitive products for their users. We are looking for a strong collaborator who is willing to work with feature development teams to understand their needs from the platform, to design solutions that fulfill their immediate needs but that also establish good patterns for the long-term scalability and maintainability of our products.
How you'll contribute:
- Design and build distributed systems for long-term scalability and maintainability
- Collaborate with feature development teams to understand their needs from the platform
- Architect solutions that establish good patterns and fulfill development team needs
- Build tools to enable developer productivity
- Monitor production systems for issues
Who you are:
- Coding experience with any major language, like Java, Python, etc.
- Experience working enterprise grade production systems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams
- Solid experience and understanding of maintainable distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to help others succeed and be productive
- Experience working with Go, TypeScript, Node.js
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with migration from monolith to microservices
- Experience working on horizontal platform teams
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.