Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The App Engine Team builds a framework that provides the backbone of the microservices architecture at Blend. Our mission is to provide a scalable system that enables product teams to build new features with speed and quality.
The app engine handles the interaction between the UI, the platform, and the microservices that host the business logic in our application. It contains several large scale systems controllers: a state machine that manages transitions between different forms in which the user to fill out information to complete an application, a data request dispatcher that manages data setter and getter requests between different services, a pub-sub system to enable services to react to data changes in other services, a rules engine to dynamically add and remove workflows based on data updates, and a registry of components, workflows, and data fields present in these services.
The challenges we face are highly technical and highly impactful for other engineering teams in the company! We are looking for engineers who are passionate about distributed systems design, performance optimization, software architecture and scalability. You are a strong collaborator who is willing to work with feature development teams to understand their needs from the platform, to design solutions that fulfill their immediate needs but that also establish good patterns for the long-term scalability and maintainability of the application.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience working on high-quality production software
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams, you've worked in cross collaborating teams before
- Solid experience and understanding of maintainable distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to help others succeed and be productive (along with a consistent record of doing so to date)
- Experience working with Go, TypeScript or Node.js
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options