Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Homeownership Journey team is growing. This team is responsible for helping our customers deliver a seamless end-to-end overall home buying and ownership experience to end consumers. People don’t want mortgages, they want a new home that they’re excited about. Today that process unfortunately involves stress, friction, a lot of siloed service providers, and can be expensive. We believe we can change that and make the homeownership journey a seamless, delightful experience, and put money back in the consumer’s pocket as we do so.
Our home insurance product and service helps consumers find the right insurance solution for what for most people is the most expensive asset they own. In this role, you will help us take that solution to the next level by figuring out how we can deliver a next generation home insurance solution to end consumers. This includes exploring how we can transform the shopping and purchasing experience, as well as ways the insurance product(the financial product) itself might be improved.
This is a unique opportunity to build a unique and transformational product, service, and business leveraging the amazing foundation of Blend’s existing product and relationships provide.
How you’ll contribute:
- Deeply understand the consumer’s homeownership journey and the pain points they face to inform our strategy.
- Shape a roadmap of how we can deliver a transformational, next generation home insurance solution to consumers.
- Work closely with cross-functional business development, product, engineering, and operational teams to deliver on that roadmap.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of product management(more experience is great as well, but we care about ability and potential more than experience).
- A breadth of experience beyond pure product management(e.g. finance, operations, sales, marketing, design).
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and deliver value for the end-customer by leveraging of the unique advantages Blend and our lenders have
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that build and foster cross-team collaboration and alignment on key outcomes and objectives. It’s hard to emphasize this one enough – communication, both in writing and verbally, is essential to success in this role.
- A strong analytical mindset forged through educational or other experience(e.g. side projects, work) in math, science, or engineering
- Strong business acumen. The ability to identify the where value is being extracted in the value chain and figure out how to extract it for consumers and our customers(lenders).
- You have deep experience in transformational consumer products and experiences.
- You have shipped product at B2B companies and are adept at pitching and selling to customers(lenders).
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave