Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Learning & Organizational Development team is looking for someone to lead our data science efforts, and to help us build an innovative culture of learning and growth informed by data and insight. We want you to lead our efforts to connect unstructured and disparate data sets, intuition and leadership to provide insight into personal performance, team dynamics and organizational health. In short, we’re looking for your help to shape and build Blend’s talent strategy.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to lead our thinking and our processes for existing systems and sources of data, as well as developing new ones, to help guide and influence leaders toward effective management and leadership practices. You will also have an opportunity to help shape the People Analytics strategy to deliver important insight, and drive meaningful change to Blend’s most important asset, our employees.
How You'll Contribute:
- Analyze and visualize data to provide strategic direction to support personal growth and development, team effectiveness and organizational health
- Develop actionable recommendations to improve our talent strategy and enablement by connecting the dots across business outcomes (e.g., employee retention, sales attainment, git-hub activity) learning events (e.g., L&D, coaching data), employee behavior (e.g., engagement, learning strategies) and organizational effectiveness (e.g., employee voice data)
- Build and enable Blend’s Learning & Organizational development function to support the organization in making objective, informed decisions surrounding our workforce effectiveness
- Consult with key stakeholders to help them use your insights and recommendations most effectively
- Drive change initiatives to bring your recommendations from plan to execution
Who You Are:
- Comfort designing, developing and implementing predictive models using basic analytical methods, data mining and machine learning techniques
- Strong understanding of key People Ops functional areas: compensation, engagement, retention, diversity, L&D, organizational design & effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, derive insights from data, and communicate with diverse teams
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and presentation skills
- Self-starter; comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainties
- Proven success leveraging large volumes of data to draw insights via tools like Python and R
- Great collaborating and working with innovative and diverse teams
- Familiarity with SFDC and leading/lagging indicators of sales excellence
- Ability to extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as dbt and Airflow
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner through creative visualization