Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is solving significant internal engineering challenges as we expand from processing thousands to millions of loans, at more and more lending organizations, and over an increasingly large part of the lifecycle of each loan. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about automation, scale, performance, security, and clean code.
Blend doesn't process as many requests as Google or Facebook, but we care deeply about shipping the best experience possible the first time. We emphasize automated end to end testing, and take an aggressive security posture that informs everything that we do. This presents unique challenges (and opportunities for creative solutions).
Blend's engineering productivity team acts as a company within a company; empowering developers to ship their code faster and more securely. The work the team does is incredibly important and multiplies productivity across the entire organization.
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Understand the needs of other developers and enjoy building internal tools that empower an entire organization
- Have experience deploying and monitoring production systems on a major cloud provider
- Are interested in container orchestration and scheduling
- Enjoy working with data stores such as Postgres and MongoDB
- Enjoy mentoring other engineers and leveling up the team around you
Projects you could work on
- Our internal service deployment tool that sits on top of Kubernetes; enabling teams to fully own the lifecycle of their services
- Unified logging and eventing across services; client event collection, format standardization, distribution, and storage
- Distributed uptime and metrics alerting
- Easy to use libraries that form the basis for the bulk of our services
- Time-based access controls for servers
- Dynamic network isolation and authentication between services