Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Product Designers translate user insights into decisions that make our products useful and usable. From developing concepts and specs, to crafting new interactions and components, you will be bringing simplicity, transparency, and delight to the complex, confusing industry of consumer finance.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be someone with a dedicated mindset towards making things happen. You can understand the big picture, take ownership, and tackle problems wherever they arise. Domain knowledge in enterprise software or home lending is not required.
How you'll contribute:
- Craft thoughtful user experiences across Blend's entire product
- Be responsible for the development of features from upfront research through execution
- Critique and support fellow designers so they can do their best work
- Steward quality and consistency across Blend's entire product
- Execute in a dynamic environment with ambiguity
Who you are:
- 4+ years experience doing design full-time
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional quality in product design
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain design decisions
- Strength in systems thinking
- Curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Experience strategizing and executing with product and engineering teams
- Command of HTML/CSS, or another presentation-layer framework
- Has shipped something that people use
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, android, iOS)
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options