Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Platform organization is made up of various horizontal teams that work together and build tools and services. Internally these tools are used by Engineering, Product, Customer Support and Product Analytics organizations. We also own customer facing products that are used by the Lenders to set up, customize and maintain the Blend products that they use.
As a front end engineer on the platform team you will improve user experiences for our existing products and help build our next generation of platform components. This is primarily a backend team with some UI experience that works cross-functionally with other Engineering teams, Product, Customer Support, and external stakeholders to improve and build new capabilities for our customers. You will lead the front end development for features and tools that span across platform teams.
We write frontend features with React in ES6/Typescript. We find that type checking helps us catch errors earlier, test better, and ultimately ship quicker and with higher quality. Because our app is white-labeled (think dynamic styling), we use Aphrodite (CSS-in-JS) for all of our styling. Our team also builds and owns its own deployment infrastructure and application serving pipeline. That way we can ship whenever we need to and have full control over making the delivery pipeline as quick and seamless as possible.
On the backend, we write Node.js/Express in ES6/Typescript, and Go.
How you’ll contribute:
- You will implement new internal and external facing UI / UX for platform owned products.
- You will revamp existing UI to utilize components built within other teams.
- You will partner with other UI engineers across Blend and be the bridge between other UI teams and platform teams.
- You will work across multiple teams within the platform organization and provide UI expertise and guidance.
- You’ll collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build new features or revamp existing features.
- You’ll bring your experience to bear to help to improve the processes and patterns of the team.
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of experience building high-quality production software.
- You’ve worked in a modern product development organization and can effectively collaborate with product and design to guide complex projects to successful outcomes.
- Experience with TypeScript, React, Node.js
- Experience at a rapid-growth startup
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave