Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for someone to join our Legal & Compliance team who’s motivated to solve hard problems—the more complex the better. As a Licensing Specialist, you’ll provide support for maintaining, renewing, and initiating licensing efforts, responding to examination requests, and overseeing internal audits. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a growing team and work on cutting edge issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Blend’s Legal & Compliance team helps navigate a growing FinTech company through an evolving and complex financial legal and regulatory environment, while also facilitating the growth of Insurance, Title, and Real Estate subsidiaries. We enable our industry partners to continuously refine, build, and do business on our innovative business-to-business SaaS platform and other groundbreaking technology initiatives.
How you’ll contribute:
- Process new licenses to include the research, submission, and maintenance of appropriate state, city, and agency licensing, as necessary for property & casualty insurance, title, and real estate licenses
- Track and provide notice of all upcoming licensing deadlines and reporting, including applicable compliance requirements
- Coordinate with licensees to gather necessary licensing, continuing education, and other required details in support of new licensing and periodic renewals
- Coordinate the gathering of documentation requested by state and federal examiners
- Maintain a tracking system to monitor for deadlines and due dates of various filings and reports; participate in implementation of systems and processes
- Manage and support internal audits
- Manage and track responses to consumer complaints
- Work with the broader Legal & Compliance team to support and continuously improve compliance processes
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience in corporate compliance and/or regulatory matters managing licensing processes, preferably at a financial or insurance institution
- Familiarity with state regulatory bodies as they interact with either title, property & casualty insurance, and/or real estate licensing
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must work well within fixed deadlines
- Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize and prioritize high volume workload
- Experience building and/or maintaining an internal audit system
- Relevant legal/compliance experience in the title insurance, realty, and/or property and casualty insurance space
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options