Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for someone to join our Legal & Compliance team who’s motivated to solve hard problems—the more complex the better. As a Product and Privacy Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal and regulatory guidance and subject matter expertise throughout the product lifecycle. Your advice and creativity will make an immediate impact by helping drive Blend’s legal and technology strategy. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a growing team and work on cutting edge issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Blend’s Legal & Compliance team is responsible for navigating a fintech company with broad market impact through an evolving and complex financial legal and regulatory environment. We enable our industry partners to continuously refine, build, and transact on our innovative business-to-business SaaS platform and other groundbreaking technology initiatives.
How you'll contribute:
- Counsel our Product, Engineering, Security, Business Development, and GTM teams throughout the product lifecycle on applicable legal and regulatory requirements and expectations relating to consumer protection, security, and privacy
- Anticipate and identify legal and regulatory risks, and propose creative and effective solutions to address those risks
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements, including partnership, licensing, and service agreements in support of product initiatives
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound regulatory advice
- Partner with the broader Legal, Compliance, and Security teams to share information about regulatory changes and product development to facilitate support across the team
Who you are:
- 5+ years of combined, relevant experience in in-house legal departments, law firms, and/or governmental agencies
- Knowledge and application of privacy laws and regulations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and adaptively, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges
- JD preferred but will consider individuals with significant compliance and regulatory experience in a financial institution or fintech company
- Experience relating to SaaS centric issues that include privacy and security
- In-house experience at a cloud technology vendor or fintech company
- Drafting and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations