Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. Through our software, we enable our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, helping consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Role / Responsibilities
- Partner cross-functionally to drive annual budgeting and headcount planning process, strategic decisions and initiative prioritization
- Manage and participate in the analysis and interpretation of operating results, and preparation of executive reports
- Provide clear and impactful insight from Blend’s financial and operating results
- Improve Blend’s financial model in Adaptive by adding detail and complexity
- Review and improve existing assumptions based on past performance and changing business
- Develop and streamline FP&A processes to mitigate risk and find value within the business
- Update OPEX models with Actuals and conduct variance analysis
- Analyze trends and consolidation for Actuals, Forecast, and Budgets
- Drive improvements to the forecast drivers affecting accuracy
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven success partnering and collaborating across multiple functions
- Proven ability to understand how financial decisions impact business performance and strategy
- Strong Excel modeling and superior analytical skills
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Organized, flexible, and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Proven ability to think strategically and tackle open-ended problems
- Experience with Adaptive, NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, and Salesforce
Education / Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field is required. Masters/MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years Financial Planning and Analysis experience in the financial services industry. Experience in Technology mortgage or real estate a plus.
- Experience in financial planning tool (Adaptive, NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, and Salesforce)
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold thing together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Learning on The Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19