Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for a Payroll Analyst to contribute to a world-class finance team in a rapidly growing environment. This role will support the Blend payroll team with the implementation of Workday payroll for Title365, prepare payroll for exempt and nonexempt employees in multi-state environments, while ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations. All responsibilities need to be performed on time and with accuracy utilizing judgment and initiative under strict deadlines.
How you'll contribute:
- Process full-cycle bi-weekly US payroll for 633+ employees working in over 36 states while incorporating payroll data from multiple internal departments and external benefit providers.
- Prepare payroll journal entries and perform payroll account reconciliations
- Support the Payroll team with the implementation and user acceptance testing for Workday HCM/Payroll, partnering with cross functional teams and service providers.
- Ensure that all non-exempt employee time cards are approved timely and that the timecard data is processed accurately.
- Assist with payroll compliance matters including multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits (i.e., 401(k), workers compensation, external audit, etc).
- Provide standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments.
- Prepare out-of-cycle/ad hoc payments to employees via electronic bank transfers or manual checks.
- Support annual preparation and delivery of Form W-2s
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters
- Process prior quarter adjustments/amendments in preparation for year end
- Assist with other duties and ad-hoc projects assigned by the Payroll Manager
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or equivalent combination of education
- Certified Payroll Professional (Preferred)
- 5+ years experience in a Payroll function, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years experience in Workday (HRIS/Payroll)
- Experience with global payroll, validation of inputs and reviewing results from service providers
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask and work autonomously
- Advanced use of spreadsheets (MS Excel and Google)
- Netsuite or Workday Financials experience (preferred)
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19