Blend is solving significant internal engineering challenges as we expand from processing thousands to millions of loans, at more and more lending organizations, and over an increasingly large part of the lifecycle of each loan. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about automation, scale, performance, security, and clean code.
Blend doesn't process as many requests as Google or Facebook, but we care deeply about shipping the best experience possible the first time. We emphasize automated end to end testing, and take an aggressive security posture that informs everything that we do. This presents unique challenges (and opportunities for creative solutions).
Blend's engineering productivity team acts as a company within a company; empowering developers to ship their code faster and more securely. The work the team does is incredibly important and multiplies productivity across the entire organization.
How you'll contribute:
- Enable teams to fully own the lifecycle of their services
- Work on our internal service deployment tool that sits on top of Kubernetes
- Build internal engineering productivity tools for: unified logging and eventing across services; client event collection, format standardization, distribution, and storage
- Work on easy-to-use libraries that form the basis for the bulk of our services
- Work on time-based access controls for servers
Who you are:
- Understand the needs of other developers and enjoy building internal tools that empower an entire organization
- Have experience deploying and monitoring production systems on a major cloud provider
- Are interested in container orchestration and scheduling
- Enjoy mentoring other engineers and leveling up the team around you
- Understand network topology
- Have a good understanding of MongoDB and Postgres
- Experience scaling out microservices
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment, please contact Blend at (650) 550-4810 or email@example.com.