Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
How you'll contribute:
- Partner product teams and designers to understand business needs and frame key questions to create hypotheses.
- Design and conduct appropriate research studies both generative and evaluative to derive user-focused insights that inform innovation and execution.
- Collaborate with our customer success team and go to market team to create the engagement strategy for our B2B customers.
- Establish research frameworks, set clear expectations and define the strategy for a small but growing research team with the ultimate goal of building insight-driven product experiences.
- Become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in User Research.
- 2+ years management experience.
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction(HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, Design, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Your portfolio demonstrates exceptional quality and range in research methodologies to derive insights from both B2B and B2C customers.
- You have experience collaborating with stakeholders to define and drive medium to large-scale complex projects. You can take business objectives and user needs and turn them into a research program.
- You have led scoping of research and prioritization and are able to articulate the ROI.
- You are a storyteller at heart, with demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity.
- You can switch between the macro: big picture thinking of our customers needs and what could be, and the micro: the specific moments of an experience and how it impacts what people do and feel.
- You move from insight to action. You make sense of many sources of input while helping teams uncover tradeoffs and understand implications and what to do next.
- You evangelize the purpose and value of UXR within the product development lifecycle - you have a track record of growing the impact of user research in your organization.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Product Designer (Senior) - Consumer, Consumer Banking
- Product Designer (Senior) - Enterprise, Close
- Product Designer (Senior) - Enterprise, Consumer Banking