Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is in a very interesting phase right now. We’re no longer a startup that’s just building a product as quickly as possible. Now, it's a balance between moving quickly, but also having a more long term view of how our software needs to be architected. The Borrower team is a fast-paced, high-impact core product team delivering end-to-end consumer-facing features that empower borrowers using Blend’s Platform for Mortgage. We write frontend features with React in ES6/Typescript and our backend is Node.js/Express in ES6/Typescript, and sometimes Go.
How you'll contribute:
You’ll help to lead architectural decisions to support immediate and future product needs.
You’ll mentor and grow other team members through regular 1:1s, code reviews, and design reviews.
You’ll collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build new features or revamp existing features.
You’ll bring your experience to bear to help to improve the processes and patterns of the team.
- Experience with Typescript + Node.js / Express, Mongo / Postgres, React
- Eager to rapidly learn new skills, technologies, and concepts, while taking personal initiative to execute projects
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience building high-quality production software
- You have excellent coding, problem-solving and debugging skills in a service-oriented platform
- Passionate about improving user experiences in a data-driven fashion
- Strong communication skills and the ability to distill and convey complex information to multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with third-party APIs and integrations
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19